Get right to the core of it
- Sore back and neck? Chances are you can trace these to your core, the part of your body that’s used in pretty much every activity you do – carrying, sawing, lifting, crawling, digging.
- Your core is so much more than having a six pack. It’s the frame that holds you together and allows your body to do any number of amazing things.
- The number one piece of advice to you is to care for your core!
Stronger core = stronger muscles = stronger joints = better function and movement
- There are a range of basic and often easy exercises that may help you develop your core, from crunches to planking.
- And you don’t need to hit the gym – there’s lots of exercises you can do at home, in the car and even on the water.
- Experts believe the absolute best activity for core strength is stand up paddle boarding. Who knew?